Hawks buy the Hogs

Talk about the Chicago Wolves, the AHL, and other hockey in general here. Not hockey? Head outside to The Great Outdoors.

Note: The old message board is officially dead. They took away the old version of PHP, meaning it won't run, and I didn't have enough time to try to upgrade to the new version. You will need to re-register to post!
wolves01

Hawks buy the Hogs

Post by wolves01 »

Mike

Re: Hawks buy the Hogs

Post by Mike »

Well that's interesting. Also a 15 year lease at the BMO Harris rink in Rockford.

nmuwildcat

Post by nmuwildcat »

Well, that's something I never thought I would see. The City of Rockford must really be hurting for money because they bought the AHL franchise to ensure they were never left holding the empty bag during the yearly affiliation merry-go-round changes.

I can't wait for a few years down the road when the Hawks aren't happy with the upgrades (if they ever happen) and use an escape clause to move the affiliation to Indianapolis.

Mike

Post by Mike »

Yes this is just a matter of time. They will use that as leverage to get what they want. I am still in shock that the Hawks bought the Hogs outright. The only thing that Rockford has is location. I'm sure they would love to swap places with the Wolves but that isn't going to happen.