2021 Season

Talk about the Chicago Wolves, the AHL, and other hockey in general here. Not hockey? Head outside to The Great Outdoors.

Note: The old message board is officially dead. They took away the old version of PHP, meaning it won't run, and I didn't have enough time to try to upgrade to the new version. You will need to re-register to post!
Wollvesfan86

Re: 2021 Season

Post by Wollvesfan86 »

chilly666 wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:32 pm
Mike wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:06 pm
I asked my ticket rep if they were going to broadcast the games on YouTube or Facebook. Maybe an internet radio call?
they will never show the games on yt or facebook for free. they used to have the radio calls on facebook or via their website. there is zero reason ahltv won't be up and running this season. the video feed will depend on the internet service from hoffman.
Not much room in Hoffman to set up the big HD cameras and get good angles. Hopefully they figure something out. I can't see it being the quality broadcasts that we are used to.

chilly666

Post by chilly666 »

Wollvesfan86 wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:30 pm
chilly666 wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:32 pm
Mike wrote:
I asked my ticket rep if they were going to broadcast the games on YouTube or Facebook. Maybe an internet radio call?
they will never show the games on yt or facebook for free. they used to have the radio calls on facebook or via their website. there is zero reason ahltv won't be up and running this season. the video feed will depend on the internet service from hoffman.
Not much room in Hoffman to set up the big HD cameras and get good angles. Hopefully they figure something out. I can't see it being the quality broadcasts that we are used to.
you don't need the monster sized cameras that they use for tv. they installed multiple small cameras in each arena for ahltv broadcasts that are motion operated (i could be mistaken on this coming part) or remotely operated.

that's why in some arenas you see the feed be farther away (san jose, ontario, stockton, etc...) than others.

Wollvesfan86

Post by Wollvesfan86 »

Makes sense. I can deal with lower quality as long as there is a way to watch

wolves01

Post by wolves01 »

I would think the lighting might pose more of a challenge than camera placement.

wolfkeeper
Site Admin

Post by wolfkeeper »

The lighting in Hoffman Estates is pretty good. The question will be setting up cameras. Obviously there's room for a couple of guys on the glass in the corners, and there's an area at the top of the spectators area where you can put a cameraman -- in fact they did that at the exhibition games to record gameplay.

What Chilly said, hope they have a good pipe to upload video from, but that could be resolved by opening night.

WolfBoy

Post by WolfBoy »

Get used to the fact that there is going to be no limited seating for this season. If other venues like United Center or Soldier Field are not allowing fans, why would AllState or the practice facility even have that option?

This is an issue about public safety, - everywhere. Please don't turn this into a political thing.

It does seem that there will be some kind of broadcast available, they are working on it, be patient. It may be through AHL Live, we would gladly pay to see all the games if we can't be there in person.

Wollvesfan86

Post by Wollvesfan86 »

It's in IL thing really. I went to an indy fuel game on 12/26. Limited capacity, socially distanced, masked required, continually sanitized, updated air filtration and circulation. I didnt feel unsafe. I'm not sure what the limited capacity was, but I know it sold out, there were only 10 people in my section.

nmuwildcat

Post by nmuwildcat »

Mike wrote:
I am surprised that there are no rinks in Wisc that don't have curved glass.
Milwaukee area, likely not. The state of Wisconsin? There are plenty of rinks that likely meet that requirement. Kohl Center, LaBahn Arena (both UW rinks in Madison); Resch Center in Green Bay.

But, with active hockey teams already in those arenas, Admirals would be second fiddle AND have to pay rent for arena use, and find temporary housing for staff/players.

A lot cheaper to just pack it in for the year and get back at it for 21-22.

wolfkeeper
Site Admin

Post by wolfkeeper »

Wollvesfan86 wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:26 pm
It's in IL thing really. I went to an indy fuel game on 12/26. Limited capacity, socially distanced, masked required, continually sanitized, updated air filtration and circulation. I didnt feel unsafe. I'm not sure what the limited capacity was, but I know it sold out, there were only 10 people in my section.
Yeah that's nice that now they're following some fuckin' guidelines. Indiana had a positivity rate over 20% for awhile. So did Wisconsin (they went over 30 for awhile!)

If every state in the union had done what Illinois did back in March/April we would be in a far better position today.

Wollvesfan86

Post by Wollvesfan86 »

Honestly I don't think the state of indiana actually made the fuel do those things, it was their decision to keep fans safe. In an ideal situation, people would use common sense and we wouldn't need government mandates.