Corey Crawford retirement

You want to argue ketchup on hot dogs? Why the new Marquee Network sucks? Post a stupid photo? If it ain't hockey, do it
Wollvesfan86

Corey Crawford retirement

Post by Wollvesfan86 »

I'm pretty surprised that Crawford announced his retirement before ever touching the ice for the devils. Obviously I don't know what is going in in his life, but it seems to be a pretty shady move to sign a contract then quit right before the season.

wolvesfan

Re: Corey Crawford retirement

Post by wolvesfan »

Maybe he realised that he didn't feel right playing for any other team than the Blackhawks.

WolfBoy

Post by WolfBoy »

I think the concussions are the main reason, he hasn't been the same for some time.

chilly666

Post by chilly666 »

Wollvesfan86 wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:50 am
Obviously I don't know what is going in in his life, but it seems to be a pretty shady move to sign a contract then quit right before the season.
how did you feel about the numerous baseball who opted out right before or during the mlb season in 2020? if you didn't think any of those guys were shady, then you really have zero business calling corey crawford shady.

Wollvesfan86

Post by Wollvesfan86 »

Lol comparing opting out for a season, when expressly given the choice, to completely quitting before ever taking the ice for a team is laughable. I can call him shady if I think he is being shady. He never honored his contract, that is shady in my opinion

chilly666

Post by chilly666 »

Wollvesfan86 wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:12 pm
Lol comparing opting out for a season, when expressly given the choice, to completely quitting before ever taking the ice for a team is laughable. I can call him shady if I think he is being shady. He never honored his contract, that is shady in my opinion
you didn't answer the question. you have no idea what crawford may be going through. he chose to walk away from the game he's played for how many ever years and also $7.8 million. nhl teams don't always honor contracts, no reason a player can't walk away from one either.

it'd be better if he didn't play and get himself or a teammate hurt by not being into the game. there's nothing shady about walking away if you're not feeling good about playing. nothing shady about it.

Wollvesfan86

Post by Wollvesfan86 »

Ok, to answer your question, which is irrelevant. No baseball players opting out when they were given the choice by the league to do so is not shady. I already stated that I dont know what is going on in his life, but it SEEMS shady to me. I think a contract should be honored, either side breaking it is a shady business move, in my opinion, unless there are extenuating circumstances. The timing makes it even worse. But I'm not really interested in an argument, so I will just agree to disagree.