Might be time to close up shop

Talk about the Chicago Wolves, the AHL, and other hockey in general here. Not hockey? Head outside to The Great Outdoors.

Note: The old message board is officially dead. They took away the old version of PHP, meaning it won't run, and I didn't have enough time to try to upgrade to the new version. You will need to re-register to post!
wolfkeeper
Site Admin

Might be time to close up shop

Post by wolfkeeper »

Home opener and we got one post.

Maybe it's time to pull the plug on the board finally.

I do get tired of deleting 10-20 bots a day.

Thoughts?

Wollvesfan86

Re: Might be time to close up shop

Post by Wollvesfan86 »

I would like to see it stay, but completely understand if you don't want to keep it going. I check in regularly, but clearly there isn't much going on here anymore

Wollvesfan86

Post by Wollvesfan86 »

It seems like there has been an overall loss of interest in the Wolves. Opening night, and Rockford in town I expected a big crowd, and it was half empty.

butsyfan

Post by butsyfan »

I totally wouldn’t blame you. You have had a ton on your plate. Since I joined this board all those years ago, many of the posters have moved on to other things. I know that most if not all of the people I met at Wolves games no longer come. It just seems like the last few years, the Wolves management were more interested in the once a year fan then the hard core fans. This is one of the reasons we stopped coming 3 years ago. But, we decided to try again with a new management team.

If you do keep this going, I can’t promise I’ll be here every game but the ones I actually see, I’ll talk about.

Mike

Post by Mike »

I completely understand. The board is not really active. It usually falls off in the off season but this year has been really dead. Like everything it is your call. In reality it is only 4 or 5 people that post here and maybe twice that who read. Bulletin boards have been dying a slow death for years now, not just here but other places as well.

I will miss it but I completely understand. :cry:

wolves01

Post by wolves01 »

I'd miss it but completely understand. Maybe we start a Facebook group?

wolfkeeper
Site Admin

Post by wolfkeeper »

Not a fan of moving it to Facebook because even as a private group I think you could still be moderated by their systems.

Maybe we take a poll and consider something else like Reddit or what not.

I could leave a tombstone page with a link.

Wollvesfan86

Post by Wollvesfan86 »

Could use the discord group from last season

Cheapseats

Post by Cheapseats »

It has been harder to be a passionate fan the last few years; Covid (THE AHLTV last year was AWFUL,) repeated changes in affiliation and resulting roster turnover, AND the resurgence of the Blackhawks since $Bill died.

With some luck, the first two are over and the Blackhawks are shooting themselves in the foot both on and off the ice. I wish they weren't but they are. Winning hockey, even minor league hockey, is better than what is going on at the United Center.

I have enjoyed this board and would hate to see it go... but it is not as active nor as full of inside information as it once was.

I also miss the highlights, although they have been gone for years. The official highlights are not nearly as good as the old Wolkeeper highlights.

OK, so I am a grouchy old man.

Thank you for all you have done over the years!!! I will support whatever you decide, not that you need my approval.

wanker751

Post by wanker751 »

It think it makes the most sense to do so. I'm here I lurk but I barely watched last year, it was to hard to with one camera in the the net. It made live barn look good.

This year I am down to a 10 game package. Covid and all I don't want to take a bath on tickets and my son just got vaxxed so I prob won't go until the end of the this year.

No need to spend $ or time IMO for 3 comments a day. It was a blast when it was hopping here.

Thanks for all you have done.