2021 Season

Talk about the Chicago Wolves, the AHL, and other hockey in general here. Not hockey? Head outside to The Great Outdoors.

Note: The old message board is officially dead. They took away the old version of PHP, meaning it won't run, and I didn't have enough time to try to upgrade to the new version. You will need to re-register to post!
CreedFeed

Re: 2021 Season

Post by CreedFeed »

wolfkeeper wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:55 pm
Yeah that's nice that now they're following some fuckin' guidelines. Indiana had a positivity rate over 20% for awhile. So did Wisconsin (they went over 30 for awhile!)

If every state in the union had done what Illinois did back in March/April we would be in a far better position today.
People in Wisconsin are still refusing to wear masks. I went to buy a new snow blower last weekend. All the shop employees had no masks. Only 3 customers (myself included) had masks on, out of about 10 that were in the store. (This was a local shop, not a big box retailer.)

Throughout all of this, the bars in the Milwaukee area have been pretty full. I myself haven't gone in so I can't say whether people were wearing masks and socially distancing... but it's a bar. I'm going to assume people weren't following those guidelines.

Wollvesfan86

Post by Wollvesfan86 »

I can tell you, people in IL dont listen any better. Despite what the governor says, most bars are still open, and many independently owned resturants still have dine in. parking lots are full. I have gone to several differant places to pick up to go orders and seen people inside, some places are distancing and wearing masks, others are not. It seems like only the big chains follow the rules.

WolfBoy

Post by WolfBoy »

Wollvesfan86 wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:02 pm
I can tell you, people in IL dont listen any better. Despite what the governor says, most bars are still open, and many independently owned resturants still have dine in. parking lots are full. I have gone to several differant places to pick up to go orders and seen people inside, some places are distancing and wearing masks, others are not. It seems like only the big chains follow the rules.
Not tue, it depends in what part of IL you live in. I live in the Western burbs & everyone wears a mask at any store or for pickup at restaurants. Can't comment on bars, as it's much cheaper & safer to drink at home.

We're getting Off-Topic here, let's be glad there will be some form of Wolves hockey this season. While it's not ideal, It's the safest & best choice.

wolfkeeper
Site Admin

Post by wolfkeeper »

Wollvesfan86 wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:02 pm
That's not my impression. I live in Lake County near the Wisconsin border. There is no dine-in anywhere I've gone for carry out. Mask wearing is nearly 100% at the grocery stores I've been to. People generally are cool about distancing.

Wollvesfan86

Post by Wollvesfan86 »

Well, just to offer my perspective, I am a local truck driver, I drive around the chicago area every day, and deliver to a lot of places. I promise you, I have seen many places open that are not supposed to be. There are whole towns like geneva and Naperville that openly refuse to enforce mandates, I can see the people in the resturants as I drive down main street in Geneva. In other areas, they try to hide it, but when the bar says closed and the parking lot is full every afternoon, something is wrong. There is a couple places by my house in des Plaines, sign says carry out only, but when you wall in, there are people dining in. There are several places in elk grove that advertise open for dine in. Really too many places to list. And it's not just resturants, as a truck driver I have worked through the whole pandemic, tons of businesses declared themselves essential and stayed open. Unfortunately, I am in and out of many businesses daily, up front where customers can see, things are distanced and people are masked, however, the back is usually a differant story.

wolfkeeper
Site Admin

Post by wolfkeeper »

Well, that's why we're still in a pandemic. No one fucking cares.

Wollvesfan86

Post by Wollvesfan86 »

For the record, I'm not saying that I think people should be going to these places. Just saying what I have seen first hand. I think the mandates at best make people hide their activities, they dont stop the people that really dont want to listen. People who do care would be careful with or without the law telling them to be.

Wollvesfan86

Post by Wollvesfan86 »

Certainly got sidetracked from my original point, that, I think if done properly, limited capacity hockey can be safe. But, I dont think it will happen in IL anytime soon. Maybe late in the season,

Wollvesfan86

Post by Wollvesfan86 »

https://www.oursportscentral.com/servic ... 20Rosemont
This article, among other things, confirms that the wolves will play in hoffman estates. Also says that the caulder cup will not be awarded this year.

Wollvesfan86

Post by Wollvesfan86 »

"Schedules and playoff formats have yet to be cemented, but according to Frank Seravalli, each division will have different season lengths with a minimum of 24 games per team"

I'm still happy that there will be some sort of season, and that they are trying to put something together, but the more I read, the less exciting it gets. Top players are out of the league with NHL taxi squads. Very uneven divisions. Differant number of games. Practice stadiums. No fans. No cup. Sounds like an exhibition season