2021 Season

Talk about the Chicago Wolves, the AHL, and other hockey in general here. Not hockey? Head outside to The Great Outdoors.

Note: The old message board is officially dead. They took away the old version of PHP, meaning it won't run, and I didn't have enough time to try to upgrade to the new version. You will need to re-register to post!
Wollvesfan86

Re: 2021 Season

Post by Wollvesfan86 »

How difficult and time consuming would it be to take down the netting for the games? Is there a liability issue involved?

Wollvesfan86

Post by Wollvesfan86 »

I feel ripped off. AHLTV has been pure trash so far.

Mike

Post by Mike »

Yes I watched the recap online and it was awful. I don't get it. Even the Rockford feed was better. I hope it is just something that have to work out. Hoffman was never meant to be an arena so I'm hoping.

Wollvesfan86

Post by Wollvesfan86 »

AHLtv issues continue. Trying to watch the SJ vs TUC game, keep getting a playback error every couple minutes. Switched to the away feed, hoping for better results
Last edited by Wollvesfan86 on Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mike

Post by Mike »

What's sad is that this isn't the first year of AHLTV. They should have this sighted in.

WolfBoy

Post by WolfBoy »

I do agree, that they have to do something about the netting. From what I could tell all the official scorers were behind there. So either move the camera, or take down the net, or move the official scorers?

Wollvesfan86

Post by Wollvesfan86 »

The Wolves need to find a better view for the camera. I checked out part of the providence Bruins game, they are also playing in a small rink. The video is far from great, but still a lot better than the Wolves.

chilly666

Post by chilly666 »

for the constant complaints about ahltv, this i guess needs to be said again. bad video is due to internet feed from arena to ahltv. each arena is the supplier to ahltv and if something is wrong in the arena, guess what, it's not gonna work on ahltv.

this was said before the season started about the internet needing to be good for the feed to show up right on ahltv.

Wollvesfan86

Post by Wollvesfan86 »

No sir, most complaints are about the bad angle and fact that it is shot through the net, these issues absolutely could be changed if they put in some effort. The actual quality of the stream had been fine from the home games, only the game in Rockford had issues with that. If I was getting this free, I wouldnt complain, but I paid $45 for barely watchable games.

chilly666

Post by chilly666 »

Wollvesfan86 wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:13 am
If I was getting this free, I wouldnt complain, but I paid $45 for barely watchable games.
Wollvesfan86 wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:02 am
Makes sense. I can deal with lower quality as long as there is a way to watch
so which one is it? you get a decent quality, but there is the net and an awkward angle. it should be better than nothing according to your post from january.

but again, it's not ahltv, it's the arenas and their internet.

if you think paying $45 is bad for the ahltv feed, try paying $300 for the sphl the past few years for 1/5 of the games and their absolute garbage ass feeds.

anyways
Wollvesfan86 wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:13 am
No sir, most complaints are about the bad angle and fact that it is shot through the net, these issues absolutely could be changed if they put in some effort. The actual quality of the stream had been fine from the home games, only the game in Rockford had issues with that.
the angle may one of the few spots they can actually have the camera at. i haven't been to hoffman in years so i don't remember the setup. got a beef, take it up with the front office. tell them to put the camera (if they're using one of the small ones) behind the benches in the middle.

if they actually have someone with an actual camera, maybe that's the only spot they can set up at in hoffman. again, i don't remember the setup there.

ask a rep what their setup is and talk to them to see if there is an adjustment that can be made.