December 4 2020

Talk about the Chicago Wolves, the AHL, and other hockey in general here. Not hockey? Head outside to The Great Outdoors.

Note: The old message board is officially dead. They took away the old version of PHP, meaning it won't run, and I didn't have enough time to try to upgrade to the new version. You will need to re-register to post!
Wollvesfan86

Re: December 4 2020

Post by Wollvesfan86 »

On the subject of the ECHL, I went to an Indy Fuel game a couple days ago. They are at limited capacity, everyone was nicely spread out, masks required, very well organized, and the arena was extremely clean. They were on top of keeping things sanatized and people were mostly good at keeping distance. Events can be done relatively safely, but I don't see IL allowing a significant amount of fans anytime soon.

wolves01

Post by wolves01 »

Statement from the AHL.
“The American Hockey League Board of Governors has approved the structural framework for an AHL season that will begin on February 5, 2021.

“Details are still being worked out, but this step allows our teams and their National Hockey League partners to better determine their plans for the coming season. We look forward to dropping the puck on Feb. 5.”

Mike

Post by Mike »

I don't see an issue with games starting its if there will be any fans in the seats. Some states are locked down more then others. Will teams want to play without fans?

chilly666

Post by chilly666 »

Mike wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:00 pm
Will teams want to play without fans?
if nhl teams want their prospects playing in games, then yes they will have too. jobs in europe are few and far between for them now.

the best thing to do imo is have all the hubs you can with each division or area (canada) together. will it suck for the players staying at hotels for multiple months, sure. but this way multiple games can be played in a game at a facility and the amount of days in the season could even be shortened.

other option is to do the hub thing and alter the divisions to accommodate the hub locations. then pick centrally located hubs for the playoffs where multiple "divisions" or hubs can come together for the early rounds of the playoffs.

Wollvesfan86

Post by Wollvesfan86 »

Not about the wolves, but has some insight into the season. https://www.foreverblueshirts.com/range ... they-play/
AHL does not expect all teams to play, teams have the option to opt out. Seems to be the expectation that NHL owned teams will absorb the lost revenue to develop their players. Independent owned teams will have to work with their affiliate to come up with a plan. Affiliate teams have no obligation to help.

wolves01

Post by wolves01 »

I would expect teams like the Wolves who won't be allowed to have fans in the building for a while might play games at practice facilities. I would imagine that saves a bunch of cash.

NemechekFan_87

Post by NemechekFan_87 »

wolves01 wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:48 am
I would expect teams like the Wolves who won't be allowed to have fans in the building for a while might play games at practice facilities. I would imagine that saves a bunch of cash.

Maybe tailgate outside of the Wolves practice arena. That would be a fun Idea if we are not aloud to go inside for now